Tuesday 19 May 2009

The countdown begins

I am now going to update this blog at least once a week - I promise!

So far this year has gone by like a whirlwind! I just cannot work out where the first 5 months of the year have got to - but I am not complaining as it means we are getting closer and closer to September when I get to be a princess for the day!!

I feel strangely calm about the whole process so far - the major things - photographer, cake, venue, catering, church, dress etc etc are all booked and I am in the lull before the storm at the moment - not quite close enough for that last minute panic! I am so unbelievably excited - every now and then I have a sneak peak at 'the dress' online and cannot wait to wear it - first fitting is in July - which is why I am on a fitness kick and have started - I can't believe I am actually going to write this - running! Yes, me - the girl who was last in every 100m sprint at school - has donned a pair of trainers and is running - and I am actually enjoying it! (in fact I came close to purchasing the running 'gear' the other day but quickly replaced it with a bikini - oops!)

We have booked the honeymoon - ten days in Mauritius - not being a true beach bum we are spending 6 days on the coast in a little boutique hotel and then travelling in land to the rainforest where we get to do treks to the waterfalls and see some of the wildlife - it is going to be the trip of a lifetime!

Ernie and I did our first event of the season at Keysoe last weekend - it was great to be back out there, but I have to admit we were a little rusty! Our dressage test resembled that of an unexploded time bomb - tension is not the word - we had moments of 'touch me with your leg and die' and I have to admit to feeling quite relieved once it was over. The show jumping - our worst phase - went slightly chaotic when I felt the need to PANIC as we came to the first fence and the old 'chasing' reared its ugly head again - but we scraped round with just 12 faults (better than the 20 odd that we were getting last year! Cross country was quite a tough course but despite a few hairy moments in the first 5 fences where we had to tackle a corner (a corner in intro!!!!!) we made it through the finish line without the dreaded E word cropping up - so a marked improvement on last year. Borde Hill is the next on our list and we have been practising like mad!

Business has been great - I have such a wonderful selection of clients who I truly enjoy working with - and everyday I really do count myself lucky to be able to do something I absolutely adore! We are just about to get the new Cyclo-ssage website up and running and Forest Farmacy have now launched their range of Power Powders. Belvoir Bed have secured some great sponsorship deals and Warm-Ups were spotted on the legs of a selection of Exeter Uni students trudging round the cross-country course at Badminton!

The sun is out at the moment and things are looking good - long may it continue!

No comments: