Saturday 10 April 2010

R-day!!!!

Well it has finally come, the months of training and preparation are going to be tested to the max today! In just under two hours time I will be running the Padock Wood Half Marathon in aid of Saddle Up for Spinal Research.... eeeeeek!

I have chosen the perfect fuel... nutella and peanut butter on toast. It is a tried and tested recipe and what I based my past two 10 mile runs on so I hope it doesn't let me down now. Disgusting as it sounds I like to think of it as 'Snickers on toast'... yum!

The ipod is full of running tunes... including a bit of old school Backstreet Boys (yes I am a teeny bopper at heart) Bruce Springsteen (my Dad's influence coming through) and of course Baby Got Back to put a smile on my face when things get tough.

I am so amazingly chuffed to have raised over £400 for my charity - thanks to all my amazing friends and family - it means a lot to know I have their support and this charity certainly deserves it.

So all that is left now is to run the darned thing... wish me luck!!

No comments: